Custom Net Requests
We are frequently asked about making custom nets. Hopefully the Q and A below will be helpful to you.
- Do you make the net openings (mesh size) custom?
- No. We offer 0.75″, 1.00″, 1.25″, 1.75″, 2.25″ and 3.0″ This is the largest range of mesh sizes in the hay net industry!
- What information do I need to provide to obtain a quote for my custom net needs?
- The more information in terms of the custom net you want, the better. Is it a custom bag with drawstring
closure or a topper style of some sort? Are attachments like cordage or straps with buckle clasps desired?
Size is of utmost importance. We recommend measuring every aspect of your feeder you are looking to adapt
a slow feed net to. For the length/width of topper type nets, make sure you measure from attachment point, over the top of the hay, down to where you want it attached.
Photo images and sketches are also very helpful. Please keep in mind, customer is 100% responsible for design and measurements.
We will comment if we happen to see something that could be an issue, we however will not design the net nor come up with the final dimensions.
The onus is on you, the customer, to provide the details and take responsibility for the final design.
- What if I want just a flat sheet of material?
- No problem, just provide the mesh size you want and the length and width dimensions. We offer flat sheets
scissor cut (ends will fray) or cut and heat fused for a small charge. We also offer a 1/4″ polyester rope border
on flat sheets that is triple thread sewn for durability at a higher cost than heat fused if you want the additional
edge strength this option offers.
- What is the lead time for custom quotes?
- This highly depends on the complexity and amount of useful information you can provide us. So please keep
track of your incoming emails as we usually have questions.
- How long does it take to make a custom net?
- Also a tough one to gage but custom flat sheets typically ship in a week and most other customs typically ship
in 2 weeks once we have all the specifications nailed down. The sooner you can provide all the required specs
the sooner the entire process will be complete.
- If my custom order doesn’t work as I hoped for can I return it for a refund?
- Sorry, but no. You as the customer provide the final specification and have to assume responsibility of the final
specification. If the custom net just needs an adjustment we will do our best to help you get it right. Shipping to
our shop and back to you is the customers responsibility for any alterations. This is why we always recommend
buying 1 of a potential multi custom order to make sure we get it just right. We want you to be thrilled with your
custom net above all.
- Are custom nets available year round?
- Sorry, only flat sheets are offered throughout the year. Other custom creations are not available between October 1 and
February 1. We experience a larger increase in standard offerings during this time and cannot respond in a fair manner
to the custom requests.
We hope this helps you with anything regarding custom nets you need to know. Please respond through our Contact Us
if you have any additional questions or comments.
Thanks for your interest in Hay Burners Equine!