Standard bag size will hold 2 string hay bales that are about 15″ x 18″ x 40″ long. (We have extra long bale bags for the 48″ long 2 string bales)
Paracord pull closure with cord lock comes standard – If you are hanging the net using the pull string, we recommend the rope upgrade.
1/4″ Rope Pull upgrade available (click link) -> Optional Rope Pull for our hay nets
Actual weight the slow feed hay net can hold will vary due to the different types of forage used.
These slow feed hay nets work great for daily use, camping, traveling longer distances, fill as full as you like for all day feeding.
Available in all our stock materials
- .75″ Heavy Polypropylene – Black only -Ultra slow feed, use with caution, only for horses that are used to slow feed nets
- 1″ Heavy Duty Polypropylene -Black only (400+ pound break strength).- Slow feeding for horses that have mastered larger meshes, ponies & Minis
- 1.25″ Heavy Duty Polypropylene -Black only (400+ pound break strength). Works for most horses
- 1.75″ Heavy Duty Polypropylene -Blue/Tan/Black (600+ pound break strength). Works for most horses
- 2.25″ Heavy Duty Polypropylene – Gray or Black (600+ pound break strength). Feeds easy – great starter net or for folks that are just trying to reduce waste from soiling
- 3.50″ Heavy Duty Polypropylene – Black or Orange – Not a slow feeder – great for folks that just want to reduce some waste and still free choice feed
If you have a color preference, please put in the check out notes and we will try to accommodate. If you want ONLY a certain color, please check with us prior to ordering for availability.
Check out our blog about bag sizes (click link) -> Lets talk bag sizes