Lets talk about Hay Burners Equine LLC slow feed hay net bag sizes
We have removed the word “bale” from most of the bag sizes, this word seemed to cause too much confusion even with the descriptions of which each size bag held for hay noted. Part of the underlying problem is hay bale sizes vary quite a bit depending on the part of the country the bales were produced.
You will see we use “roughly” and “about” a lot – that’s because hay varies that much when baled due to compaction/type of forage/baler.
The netting varies from mesh size to mesh size & how hard you pull to the netting to measure it. Bags are not measured in the relaxed state.
• Mini Bag/Small Mini – Holds about 1 pound of hay – this is a small net, roughly 16″x16″ Mini Horse Size Slow Feed hay nets
• Large Mini – Holds about 3-4 pounds when stuffed. Net is roughly 16″ x 25″ Mini Horse Size Slow Feed hay nets
• Single Serve – Holds 12-15″ of stacked hay flakes from a 2 string bale (kicker type bale) Single Serve Hay Bags
• Half Bag – Holds about 20-25 pounds of hay or roughly half of a 2 string bale (kicker type bale) if flakes are loaded flat as shown in photos. Bags are roughly 36” wide x 36” long. Half Size Hay Bags
• Standard Bag – Holds about 40 pound hay bales (2 string bales that run about 15″ x 18″ x 40″ long) If loaded into the bag as a complete bale (as shown in photos). Bale strings get removed after loading hay into slow feed net. Standard Hay Bags
• Extra Long Bag – Holds about 50-60 pound hay bales (2 string bales that run about 48 inches long). Bale strings get removed after loading hay into slow feed net. Extra Long Hay Bags
• 3 String Bale Bag – Holds about 100-110 pound bales of hay (approximate bale size 17″x 25″ x 48″ long). These bales normally have 3 tie strings when baled . Bale strings get removed after loading hay into slow feed net. This slow feed net will also hold about 2-1/2 of the small kicker type bales. 3 String Bale Hay Bags
•X-Wide half bag (was called 3 String Half Bag) – this is a new addition that is currently make to order, this bag is for folks that want to feed approximately half of the larger 3 string bales or flakes from the monster size rectangle bales or just want that size – these bags are roughly 48” wide x 45” long
Back row -left to right: 3 string , Standard, Extra Long
Front row Single Serve, Half bag
(3 string half bag not shown)