Half size slow feed hay nets about 20 pounds of hay depending on compression and type of hay.
So just a little over half of a 30-40 pound 2 string bale of hay.
Paracord pull closure with cord lock comes standard – If you are hanging the net using the pull string, we recommend the rope upgrade.
1/4″ Rope Pull upgrade available (click link) -> Optional Rope Pull for our hay nets
These hay bags work great for horse trailers, shows, stalls, most horses & ponies
Available in all our stock materials
- .75″ Heavy Polypropylene – Black only -Ultra slow feed, use with caution, only for horses that are used to slow feed nets
- 1″ Heavy Duty Polypropylene -Black only – (400+ pound break strength) Slow feeding for horses that have mastered larger meshes, ponies & Minis
- 1.25″ Heavy Duty Polypropylene-Black only (400+ pound break strength). Works for most horses
- 1.75″ Heavy Duty Polypropylene -Blue/Black (600+ pound break strength). Works for most horses
- 2.25″ Heavy Duty Polypropylene – Black/Gray/Tan (600+ pound break strength). Feeds easy – great starter net or for folks that are just trying to reduce waste from soiling
- 3.00″ Heavy Duty Polypropylene – Black (600+ pound break strength). Free feeding for seniors and horses that you just want to reduce some of the hay waste
If you have a color preference, please put in the check out notes and we will try to accommodate. If you want ONLY a certain color, please check with us prior to ordering for availability.
Please keep in mind the smaller the mesh the more abuse it will take from the horses teeth, this can cause premature wear on the nets if the horse is not picking the hay out but grabbing the net and shaking it or just ripping at the net. THIS TYPE OF BEHAVIOR CAN SUBSTANTIUALLY SHORTEN THE LIFE OF YOUR NET and generally shows the horse is not ready for that small of a hole.
Check out our blog about bag sizes (click link) -> Lets talk bag sizes